Thursday 23 August 2018

Microsoft Translation Service - In a Canvass App

Some time back I saw Craig Bird from Microsoft do an amazing demonstration using Microsoft's Translator Connector in a PowerApp. Honestly, I was blown away at how powerful this functionality is. The crazy part is, not a load of people even know about it.
I did this quick little Video recording of me testing this out. I was actually amazed! You can watch it on Youtube, click here. I used it in a demo the next day and people really loved it.



If you get the time, I suggest you follow this step by step process, which shows you exactly how to achieve this awesomeness.
The one thing that I will say is that as cool as this is, I found that it needs to be baked properly into a larger application and have a story associated to it. In this scenario the app I created was a “Trade Show Application” that enabled users from company X the ability to interact with people from the trade show and capture contacts and leads. The translation functionality was used when the user was interacting with someone from a different country that did not speak English very well.
Anyway, thought that I’d share that little nugget of awesome with you!
Happy PowerApping!

No comments:

Post a Comment